Periods are always super annoying.
Almost every woman has that moment during her period where she just sits down, sighs, and wonders why Eve had to eat the apple. Getting your period always means that for a few days, nothing is going to remain the same. And the stress every woman has to go through, during those few days is just unbelievable. Here are 22-period struggles that we’re sure every woman can A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y relate to.
1. When you realise it’s almost that time of the month
2. When your period comes all of a sudden with no warning
Always comes like a thief in the night.
3. How you run to look for a tampon or pad before you colour everywhere red
4. When you’re wearing white on the day your period decides to surprise you
‘It just had to be today?’
5. When you see that the price of pads has gone up again
‘Does the exchange rate affect this one too?’
6. Then the cramps come and you’re just like
‘Who sent Eve to eat the apple abeg?’
7. When a man says ‘I’m sure the cramps aren’t that bad, you’re just overreacting’
Men can never understand the degree of the pain and agony women go through every month.
8. When a random lady says ‘Oh you have cramps, eyah. Me I never get cramps oh’
And so? Who asked you?
9. How you look at bae when he breathes beside you:
10. Your constant emotion is:
11. When your period cravings have you stuffing your face with cake or ice cream like:
12. This is how your hands look when you’re taking a shower or cleaning up after using the toilet.
‘Who did I kill please?’
13. You have to wear dark clothing to avoid getting stained
All the dark clothing will now be ugly.
14. But you still get stained anyway.
‘See trouble o’
15. How you wake up in the middle of the night wondering if your pad needs to be changed.
You have to be constantly on guard.
16. You calculating when next you have to change your pad or underwear.
‘Before somebody gets stained’
17. When your nicest pair of underwear gets stained
18. When the period just won’t end
‘Can it just be over already?’
19. Then it finally does
20. And you have the wildest celebration, because even though periods are really stressful, you’re not pregnant!